According to DIGIDAY, on April 24, CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that half a billion users were using and tuning into Instagram stories every day.
The ephemeral format of Instagram stories has been seen as an opportunity for advertisers to tell their brand stories in a fun, personal, and content-native ways while buying underpriced attention. But it’s not just the ads that are getting marketers excited. Instagram Stories are an incredible opportunity for everyone to increase their reach and boost engagement with their followers, ultimately boosting their presence in the news feed and potentially their priority for stories.
We recommend you to start leveraging your stories on a regular basis to connect with your audience and build your brand authentically.
It's official that user attention is shifting to Instagram and more specifically, Instagram Stories and away from the Facebook Feed.
Here’s what you should know to start succeeding with Instagram Stories:
Dimensions - Instagram Stories are 1080px wide by 1920px tall. That’s an aspect ratio of 9:16. It fills the entire mobile screen and is also referenced to as vertical video.
5 Ways To Leverage Your Stories
If your profile is set to public, adding hashtags and tagging your location can improve the visibility of your story and potentially add it to the Explore Tab.
- Add Hashtags by tapping on your captured story or video and add in your hashtag as text. You can customize the font, colors, and backgrounds. Have fun with it!
- Tag your location by adding text to your story and tagging the location or adding the right hashtag.
- Engage your audience by asking a question with a simple poll. You can add a poll to your story by clicking on the poll sticker in the stickers tab.
- For accounts with more than 10K followers, you can drive traffic from your stories to a landing page using the “Swipe Up” call to action.
- Featured Stories. This is additional digital real estate you should be tapping into to build trust with and educate your followers. You can use this space to add in favorite stories, share testimonials, or provide valuable content to your followers.
Not sure where to start with your IG Stories? Download our free swipe file for IG Story Templates here.
Instagram is my super-power. I founded Assistagram to help empower hundreds of Influencers and several Fortune 500 companies to cut through the noise and connect with their target audience organically. I started Assistagram to become the "marketer of marketers." I've had the honor of working with big names such as Gary Vee and Russell Brunson, and I'm excited to bring my team's expertise to your business. But only if you're seriously ready to work with us.