What if the household names in your niche sent out an email to their list about you?
What if they posted on Facebook, tweeted, or posted on LinkedIn about you?
What if any center of influence you wanted, did that for you?
What would that do for your business?
Let me show you my secret ways to get this done, without spending a dime on sponsored emails or paid endorsements. It’s a podcast. Bear with me, it’s counter intuitive. By keep reading and I promise this may be the most profitable marketing article you read all year. Why podcasting? Why now? What is causing the explosive growth in podcast and podcast advertising?
One: Apple CarPlay coming pre bundled as a native app in new cars. 24 major car brands (and counting) are now providing Apple’s CarPlay service as a pre-bundled native car app in their new cars.
Two: the global proliferation of smartphones.
The coveted 18-34 year old demographic makes up 44% of the global podcasting audience, according to adweek.com
Overall, 40 percent of Americans age 12 or older have listened to a podcast. Today, 24 percent of Americans age 12 or older listen to podcasts monthly. For context, 21 percent of Americans are Catholic. Thus, podcast listening is more common than Catholicism in the United States.
So how does this help you the business owner? The beauty of podcasts is that they can be hyper targeted. If you had a product who wanted to get in front of hundreds of thousands of successful business owners, then the Sharkprenuer podcast hosted by SharkTank’s Kevin Harrington would be a great show to be on. If you had a product like SharkTank’s Chord Buddy – there are plenty of podcasts for guitar players to choose from.
There are sure to be quite a few podcasts that are just right for your message. Podcasts also provided SEO benefits. iTunes is a Page rank One website, and every episode usually links back to both the show’s website and the guest’s website.
Get booked on a handful of shows with links back to their website for the right keywords, and watch what happens. Google “Kevin Harrington Sharkprenuer” and his show is 5 out of 10 listings on the first page. It even helps you rank in the app store itself. Search iTunes itself for direct response marketing and Kevin’s show ranks both #1 and #6. How else can you profit from podcast appearances?
Many brands are experimenting with having their own podcasts created for them. This way they control the entire process from start to finish. A bonus of having your own show is that you then own the media and can advertise to your own following as much as you want for free.
What are the elements you need to pull off a successful podcast?
- Your podcast needs a name – ideally your podcast name should include the number one keyword you want your show to rank for.
- Your podcast needs cover art – this is the thumbnail image people see when they search for or find your show in iTunes. Your cover art should include the title of the show, a picture of the show host, and some clean images that give an idea what the show is about.
- Your podcast need a professional introduction. You should have a professional voice overactor / actress voice the intro, with copyright free appropriate music in the background. The intro should sound like a radio show introduction. It should establish you as an expert in your field, sell the listeners on why they should listen to the show, and give them a call to action beyond the show.
- Your podcast needs hosting – there are many great hosting software companies that can syndicate your show to places like iTunes, Google Play, etc. Libsyn is one of the best.
- You need great guests who will share your show with their audiences, and be interesting to listen to.
- Then you need to market your show so that your target market knows about it! This could include, but is not limited to – promoting it on email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- You should also have every episode transcribed and edited to be turned into social media content, blog posts, eBook giveaways, and a physical book!
So, with both targeted exposure and SEO benefits for podcasts, what’s not to love?
Leading the forefront of creating branded podcast content is www.MarketDominationLLC.com
Market Domination is the creator of Strategic Podcasting for Direct Response Marketing – a 41 step process that creates a done for the client podcast, then turns it into a published book, and then creates a book launch event (both physical and virtual) to maximize the client’s exposure.
Get a free copy of the book on the shelves at Barnes & Noble now – Market Domination for Podcasting by going to www.MarketDominationLLC.com/Podcast
Seth is a Nationally Recognized Direct Response Marketing Expert. Seth Greene is the author of five best-selling marketing books, and his latest book, Market Domination for Podcasting hits Barnes & Noble in January. He is the only person in history that Dan Kennedy has nominated for marketer of the year three years in a row.